This set of articles looks at how you can safely assess and prepare your squad for elite training and maximal performance.The articles differ slightly from the full screen (below) but not much.
- Squad Screening – Physical Bench Marking
- Squad Screening – Physiological Measurements
- Squad Screening – Special Tests
This is a look at the evidence for injury and performance screening in elite adolescent climbers. A bit niche and not to ‘heavy’. Hard copies available on THIS COURSE.
As promised in the above articles here is the full screen and the spreadsheet to help organise (proper training is essential before use but it’s unlikely you’ll ask).
Dave MaCleod’s book has been flying off the shelves to universal acclaim. Here is a little review.
The articles below are written for the AMI magazine and are a resource for mountain professionals on injury and injury avoidance whilst at work.
- How to bend your elbow
- The problem with knees
- Recurrent ankle sprains
- Looking after your back
- How to climb
- Managing in jury in Performance Youths – AMI article
- Managing Injury in Performance Clubs – powerpoint
- Managing Injury – Lecture script
- Lightweight Camping – BMC Summit Article
- Climbing and Pregnancy – unpublished and unedited but interesting
- How to wear a harness to avoid back pain – a theoretical look at thoracic pain in mountaineers
This is a series on self-diagnosis in The Professional Mountaineer magazine
- An article by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy about the COACHING SCHEME. Appeared online and in the magazine, Frontline in November 2013
- An article by The Sheffield Star about THE FOUNDRY ACADEMY which was started officially in 2008. The UK’s first BMC funded Academy no less
- A feature on qualifications and careers in Climb Magazine from January 2014 where I talk about how I became a physio and why. CLICK THIS to know more
Urban Abseiling – An Instructors Guide to Charity Abseiling
This should prove useful whether running an abseil from a building or being involved as one either as an instructor or participant. It is the most comprehensive guide to abseiling from buildings
- Part 1: Introduction
- Part 2: HSE and Scaffolding
- Part 3: Equipment
- Part 4: Basic Skills
- Part 5: Documentation
- Part 6: Site and Stance Management
- Part 7: Problem Solving
All articles unless otherwise noted are pdf files.